The following learning accommodations have been developed by the GA 咨询部门 and approved by the Heads of School.
The 十大体育外围平台排名 counseling team is currently working on all-school revisions for the 2022-23 school year and will update accordingly.
Due to the developmental needs of students at different ages, the following division-specific learning provisions may also be offered based on divisional support team recommendations:
- 支持 services in reading and/or math in small groups delivered by GA teachers and/or Montgomery County Intermediate Unit teachers. These services are available to students without needing a psychoeducational evaluation.
- 学生 with psychoeducational evaluations with an educational diagnosis are eligible for accommodations that relate to their area of diagnosis. Learning plans are developed by the LS Psychologist and student support team and are communicated with families.
点击这里 to review support for 中学 students.
- Assistance with organizational and study skills
- Encouragement to use writing center and science center
- Encouragement to use peer tutors
- Participation in Academic Enrichment Program
In response to psychoeducational testing recommendations for diagnosed learning issues, all three divisions may offer the following GA-endorsed accommodations following the divisional psychologist's review of the testing report:
- 50% extra time on in-class tests/essays/quizzes/exams when possible. 学生 are required to make arrangements with teachers beforehand to 使用住宿.
(Note: this does not include standardized testing unless authorized by the College Board or ACT)
- Individual allowances for spelling difficulty for in-class writing
- Word processing/computer use for testing
以下内容包括, 但不限于, examples of psychoeducational testing recommendations that 不 accommodated at 十大体育外围平台排名:
- Sharing teacher lecture notes and outlines (unless provided to entire class)
- Providing excessive extra help sessions (excessive need for extra help could lead to a recommendation for tutoring)
- Exemption from foreign language study in 中学 and 上学校
For students who qualify for in-school extra time and computer 使用住宿 based upon psychoeducational testing recommendations as described above, GA may assist with requests for accommodations on standardized tests (such as ACT and SAT). Please note that GA may not be able to provide onsite standardized testing over multiple days, even if recommended by an evaluator and approved by the ACT or College Board. We will do our best to secure proctors for testing over a maximum of 2 days, 但这并不能保证.
Note: All psychoeducational evaluations are housed in divisional psychologist's locked file cabinets.